Save the Date: Knox AGM on February 1st
The congregational meeting will be held in the Gym after church. A light lunch will be served. Donations for lunch gratefully accepted. The Knox 2014 Annual Report is here.
Quick links for this week at Knox
- Linda Hunter’s latest blog post: Oil and Politics
- Knox blog has news, stories and photos here.
- Check the Events calendar for Knox church events and public concerts.
- Join us for Communion at noon on Wednesday in the Sanctuary Chapel
- Knox is seeking two new Ministers – Find out more here.
Sunday Church Service is at 11 a.m.
Welcome to Knox United Church, in Calgary, Alberta, Canada.
Knox United Church has been an important part of the Calgary and Alberta community for 130 years; it has been in its present location for 100 years. In addition to being a place of worship, music and spiritual development, Knox is also a home to community justice groups, events and concerts.
Knox is an Affirming community of faith within the United Church of Canada.
- 506 – 4th Street SW in downtown Calgary
- Open 9 a.m. to 3 p.m. Monday to Friday
- Church Office (403) 269-8382
- For a quick link to our Ministerial Staff click here, or for info about baptism click here. If you would like to get married at Knox, click here.
- Sunday at 11 a.m. (September to June).
- In July and August, the Sunday service starts at 10:30 a.m.
Communion on Wednesdays
- Wednesday communion service at 12:10 p.m. all year round, which is convenient for those working in the downtown core.
We are proud to be a part of the life of downtown Calgary. Knox is one of the founders of the Inn From the Cold program, and the Calgary Urban Project Society (CUPS).
There are many ways to get involved in the Knox community. We gather for worship each Sunday at 11am in the magnificent Knox sanctuary located in the heart of downtown Calgary. The Casavant Freres pipe organ – one of the finest in western Canada – and the Knox Choir offer a truly inspirational experience. Along with the Theatre-Sanctuary, the Lower Theatre and Parlour are venues for concerts, meetings and other gatherings.
Explore the site, or use the Search box at the top of the right sidebar to find what you are looking for.