- Happy Pride Week – March with the Calgary United Churches – Aug 31
- Drumming Workshop – September 7 – Details here
- It’s time to begin planning for the fall events at Knox!
- Current news, stories and events can be found on the Knox Blog
- Join us for Communion at noon on Wednesdays during the summer
Sunday church service begins at 10:30 a.m. in July and August.
Welcome to Knox United Church, in Calgary, Alberta, Canada.
Knox United Church has been an important part of the Calgary and Alberta community for 130 years; it has been in its present location for 100 years. In addition to being a place of worship, music and spiritual development, Knox is also a home to community justice groups, events and concerts.
Knox is an Affirming community of faith within the United Church of Canada.
- 506 – 4th Street SW in downtown Calgary
- Open 9 a.m. to 3 p.m. Monday to Friday
- Church Office (403) 269-8382
- For a quick link to our Ministerial Staff click here, or for info about baptism click here. If you would like to get married at Knox, click here.
- Sunday at 11 a.m. (September to June).
- In July and August, the Sunday service starts at 10:30 a.m.
Communion on Wednesdays
- Wednesday communion service at 12:10 p.m. all year round, which is convenient for those working in the downtown core.
We are proud to be a part of the life of downtown Calgary. Knox is one of the founders of the Inn From the Cold program, and the Calgary Urban Project Society (CUPS).
There are many ways to get involved in the Knox community. We gather for worship each Sunday at 11am in the magnificent Knox sanctuary located in the heart of downtown Calgary. The Casavant Freres pipe organ – one of the finest in western Canada – and the Knox Choir offer a truly inspirational experience. Along with the Theatre-Sanctuary, the Lower Theatre and Parlour are venues for concerts, meetings and other gatherings.
Children and Youth ministry programs offer teaching about God who is here for everyone, the Bible, practical spirituality for holistic living and service, and the distinctives of Christian community experience.
Explore the site, or use the Search box at the top of the right sidebar to find what you are looking for.