Easter Season Services
- Palm Sunday Service – March 29 @11:00 am – Theme: From Palms to Passion. Liturgy of the Palms: John 12:12-16. Liturgy of the Passion: Isaiah 50:4-11. The sixth candle of Lent is lit – Endurance
- Maundy Thursday Service – April 2 @ 7:00 pm. The church service is followed by a meal in the Knox Theatre.
- Good Friday Service at Scarboro United Church – April 3 @ 10:30 am. This is a shared service with Central, Knox, Scarboro and Chinese United Churches, hosted by Scarboro United Church, 134 Scarboro Avenue SW Calgary.
- Holy Saturday Easter Vigil – April 4 @ 7:00 pm. A service of liturgy and music – Forrest’s Requiem for the Living with choir, organ and orchestra – presented in collaboration with Scarboro Arts (EnChor/Scarboro Choir) and Knox Choir. Directed by Liz Paynter and accompanied by Chellan Hoffman. Hosted by Knox United Church, 506 4th Street SW
- Easter Sunday Service – April 5 @ 11:00 am. Hallelujah! Music presented by the Knox Choir and Chellan Hoffman (Director of Music) Foothills Brass Quintet and Colin Redekop, guest conductor/organist
- Check the Knox Blog for daily Lenten Reflections until April 5th, Easter
Quick links for this week at Knox
- Linda Hunter was on 630 CHED talking about the GSAs. Listen here!
- Knox blog has news, stories and photos here.
- Check the Events calendar for Knox church events and public concerts.
- Join us for Communion at noon on Wednesday in the Sanctuary Chapel
Sunday Church Service is at 11 a.m.
Welcome to Knox United Church, in Calgary, Alberta, Canada.
Knox United Church has been an important part of the Calgary and Alberta community for 130 years; it has been in its present location for 100 years. In addition to being a place of worship, music and spiritual development, Knox is also a home to community justice groups, events and concerts.
Knox is an Affirming community of faith within the United Church of Canada.
- 506 – 4th Street SW in downtown Calgary
- Open 9 a.m. to 3 p.m. Monday to Friday
- Church Office (403) 269-8382
- For a quick link to our Ministerial Staff click here, or for info about baptism click here. If you would like to get married at Knox, click here.
- Sunday at 11 a.m. (September to June).
- In July and August, the Sunday service starts at 10:30 a.m.
Communion on Wednesdays
- Wednesday communion service at 12:10 p.m. all year round, which is convenient for those working in the downtown core.
We are proud to be a part of the life of downtown Calgary. Knox is one of the founders of the Inn From the Cold program, and the Calgary Urban Project Society (CUPS).
There are many ways to get involved in the Knox community. We gather for worship each Sunday at 11am in the magnificent Knox sanctuary located in the heart of downtown Calgary. The Casavant Freres pipe organ – one of the finest in western Canada – and the Knox Choir offer a truly inspirational experience. Along with the Theatre-Sanctuary, the Lower Theatre and Parlour are venues for concerts, meetings and other gatherings.
Explore the site, or use the Search box at the top of the right sidebar to find what you are looking for.