Knox United Church is seeking a Communications Assistant.
- Help Knox present a consistent and compelling image in all our communications within the church and in the community.
- Maintain Knox visual identity in print and online – everything from weekly communications to special event marketing – Quarterly newsletter, Weekly bulletin design, Brochures
- Writing the occasional press release for upcoming public events at Knox. You should also have an up to date database of traditional and online Calgary media outlet and contacts.
- And you can also be involved in fun projects that involve video and audio.
- familiar with InDesign or similar
- familiar with Photoshop or similar
- familiar with MS Office, OpenOffice, or Google Docs
- familiar with Canva (or other similar design app)
- familiar with MailChimp
- able to write press releases
- familiarity with Calgary traditional and online media outlets
We’d love to see your portfolio!
This volunteer position should take about 2-4 hours/week. Please feel free to work with us at the church or to work at home or your favourite coffee shop—whatever suits your lifestyle and schedule.
In gratitude for work provided, we provide references for those who volunteer at Knox.
If you are interested or have any questions, email Marlene: firstname.lastname@example.org
Knox United Church
506 4th Street SW, Calgary AB T2P 1S7