Coming to Knox, October 19th.
- Preserve Sale: in gym at 12 noon, proceeds to the Child Well Being Initiative
- Pot Luck Meal: in gym at noon
- Group Discussion on Child Poverty in Alberta: in the gym following our meal. Lead by Lillian Stewart from the Child Well Being Incentive.
- Baking Apple Crisp: in the downstairs kitchen. Following our meal we will be preparing apple crisp for 100 people and delivering it to the shelter Sunday evening. It should be noted this is a welcome treat because constraints on time and budget prevent the shelter from providing dessert.
- Collecting Wool: please bring in any unused wool from your cupboards as we are planning to knit hats for those in need of winter warmth; and slippers for the Neurological Intensive Care Unit at Foothills Hospital. If you knit please consider volunteering to help knit. A table will be available in the gym with sample patterns and to receive your donations. An experienced knitter will be available to assist you with advice, pattern choice and helpful hints.
- Collecting Craft Supplies for Inn From the Cold Children’s program. Margo Smith, director of the Early Childhood Program at Inn From the Cold, will be available to discuss the program. A table will be available in the gym to receive your donations.
- Peace for the Mind, Body and Soul: in the Labyrinth Room following our meal. Readings, music, journaling, and walking the labyrinth.
We are engaging in three projects:
- our meal, which is pot luck
- knitting hats
- baking apple crisp.
Help is needed. Please speak to Ellen Lang, at church or by e mail, firstname.lastname@example.org, if you are able to help.