Join Knox and other Calgary United Churches as we march in (or watch) Calgary’s Pride Parade. This year we are joining Wild Rose United, but you can grab a Knox sign on Sunday before the parade to help promote the church.
This year we have a float!
Parade is Sunday, August 31 – Starts at Noon
- Meeting place: Centre Street and 8th Avenue (Stephen Ave.)
- Meeting time: Get to the meeting place by 11:30
- We are #98. Look for our float.
- If you can’t make it, look for us along the route and join in along the way
- Take some water, and food for after the parade too
- Wear good walking (and dancing) shoes
The Parade begins at 12:00 noon on Sunday August 31st, 2013 at Center Street and 8th Ave S (aka, Stephen Ave), and proceed West towards Shaw Millennium Park, where the Festival will immediately get underway.
If you would like to walk in this year’s Pride Parade, you can join the Calgary affirming United Churches to show your pride.
Update August 27th – Please Read
- The final details on the Calgary Affirming Float are just being finished.
- I was wondering if anyone has access to blow up Palm Trees or has it in their budget to buy a few?
- We have over 600 suckers that are tagged with the Calgary Affirming churches website and an invite for coffee.
We need to bring the float down to Stephen Avenue for 10:00 however the parade does not start until 12:00, we ask that you please be there by 11:30.
Our number is #98. We will meet at the float! The float will hold a number of people for anyone that is unable to walk. However, it does not have a ramp!
We will be walking together as a the United Affirming Churches however feel free to bring a banner from your church.
The names of all the affirming churches are listed on the sides of the float. We are hoping to get the largest crowd ever so please spread the word!
If you have any questions please contact me.
Community Engagement Coordinator
Wild Rose United Church
For more about the parade and all other Pride Week activities, here’s the link: http://pridecalgary.ca/events/