Update May 20 – See below for copies of the documents that were distributed at church May 18. Please review these documents before the congregational meeting on May 25. Look for this symbol ♦
We have completed an 18-month Interim Ministry process.
We’ve made progress on our intended objectives of vision, organization, space sharing and staffing.
On May 25 a congregational meeting will review plans to continue this work. We have some people to thank for their hard work.
On Sunday, June 1st, we will recognize and thank the Transition Team and say farewell to Bill Bruce, our Interim Minister. Their contributions have been significant and have been much appreciated.
Chair, Knox United Church Board
Notice of Congregational Meeting:
12:15pm, Sunday May 25, Knox Hall
We will meet after worship on Sunday May 25 in the gymnasium to review the following business:
- 2013 Audited Financial Reports
- Plans for ♦ Roof replacement on the 1960 building, summer 2014
- Transition Team Reports:
- ♦ Summary of Completion of Interim Ministry, and Interim Minister term
- Updates on ♦ vision and mission progress, space sharing referred to ongoing ad hoc implementation committee reporting to the board
- ♦ Proposed board and committee reorganization, for approval in principle to be implemented in detail in fall 2014
- Request to Calgary Presbytery to establish a Joint Needs Assessment Committee to determine staffing needs, referral to board of nominations for the committee
Many of the documents handed out at church on May 18th, are linked above, and may be downloaded. Please have a look as you prepare yourself for this important meeting.
This follows up on announcements made by board chair Margaret Miyagishima on Sunday May 4.