Richard Wagamese is coming to Calgary October 14-16 for a three day event on the theme of Reconciliation.
This event is being co-sponsored by the Wisdom Centre and Knox United.
We all realise that while the Truth and Reconciliation Commission has put out its final report and calls to action the real work of reconciliation has only just begin.
- Richard will do a keynote on Reconciliation on Friday, October 14 at 7:30 pm here at Knox.
- He will lead a healing and drumming circle on Saturday from 9:30- 2:30 at St. Laurence Anglican church (Lakeview)
- And Richard will preach on Sunday, October 16 at the 10:00 am service at St. Laurence.
In the next months you may wish to read some of Richard’s writings in order to prepare for this event.
If you are a fiction reader I would highly recommend both Indian Horse and Medicine Walk.
If non-fiction suits you better pick up a copy of his collection of essays One Story, One Song.
Please save the date and invite others.
More information and registration is at www.wisdomcentre.ca.
There are limited tickets for the Saturday workshop so you may wish to register for that one early.
- Register now at www.wisdomcentre.ca
- Early bird pricing: Friday and Saturday (including lunch on Saturday) $110.
- Friday only $25.
- After October 1: Friday-$30 and Saturday-$100.
Anna Greenwood-Lee, the rector at St. Laurence, and Dave Holmes will be co-leading a study group prior to the event. The group will likely focus on some of the essays in One Story, One Song, and will take place at St. Laurence, 7:30 – 9:00 pm on consecutive Mondays in September: September 12, 19 and 26.
A printable event poster is available here. Please post it at your church, workplace, community centre, and distribute to your networks. Thank you!