On behalf of Foothills Presbytery, the Division of Congregation and Mission Development, I am extending a formal invitation to members of Calgary and South Alberta Presbyteries to join us on Monday, June 3 as we invite Rob Dalgleish (The Edge) to share with us on how we might use technology in new and exciting ways to connect with our congregations.
This includes “out of the box” opportunities that may be available to resource our ministries. This is of particular interest to those congregations and their leadership:
- who are struggling to maintain their ministry
- who are considering redefining their pastoral boundaries and relationships
- who are looking for alternative approaches to amalgamation
- who are choosing to be on the cutting “edge” of technology designed to support us and them in new, exciting and potentially more efficient ways.
- who are interested in what is happening in other parts of Canada and elsewhere regarding the trends in emerging ministry.
This event will be held at St. Andrew’s United Church in Cochrane, 4:00 pm -9:00 pm. Supper is included, pre-registration will be mandatory, with a cost of $20/person.
Specific promotional and registration details will be forwarded next week. We encourage you to save the date. This is open to anyone. We will look forward to seeing you there.
Sent in by: Brenda Watt, Co-Chair, Congregation and Mission Development and Chair Elect, Foothills Presbytery Crossfield United Church www.crossfieldunited.com